Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Jump Manual

The Jump Manual
I am a 6' 2" big man in my senior year of basketball and until this year hadn't thrown down a dunk yet.  At the end of my junior year I started researching vertical jump programs that I could do over the summer that could guarantee at least 8 inches vertical.  Some friends on my team told me about the vertical jump bible, air alert, the jump manual, and many others.  But after researching all of these I ended up buying The Jump Manual.
I am now 10 games into my senior season and thanks to the jump manual and my newly acquired 12 inches of vertical I have thrown down a dunk each game.  The exercises are great, requiring no extra weights, straps, or shoe inserts.  It merely uses your own weight against gravity to build up muscle and agility.  Of course they are strenuous, but easily achievable, and pushed me right to the limit which is where those inches came from.  The beginning exercises take merely 15-20 minutes on work out days.  By the end you're hitting close to an hour each day, but keep in mind that is with rests built in between sets.
I was also very impressed with the extra content provided within the jump manual.  Personally the instructional videos were the clincher for me.  It's okay to read the description of the exercise in the manual but I never knew if was doing the exercises completely right until I saw real people doing them.  It also comes with a nutrition plan, which, if you are going to go hardcore I'm sure helps, but I merely upped my carbohydrate and protein intake and drank a muscle milk after each workout.
As you can tell I didn't take advantage of everything the jump manual had to offer, but for those of you who are greatly inspired the manual comes with a free month one on one coaching service.  My one friend who recommended this to me was inspired (he is getting D1 looks) and took advantage of the coaching help.  He was given additional exercises, variations on the normal exercises and ended up gaining 18 inches after 12 weeks.
If you want to read more about it here is the link.  I paid around $80 for it back at the beginning of the summer, but another friend said he got it recently for $70.  Whatever the price its very affordable and no matter what sport you play the jump manual increases agility and vertical as promised.

No comments:

Post a Comment